Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toddler Steps!

About a month ago, while we were at the beach in South Carolina with my family, Mason spontaneously stood up from the floor to a standing position.  We were all quite shocked since he had not yet "really" taken more than a (lunging) step before that.  As soon as Mason was able to get up to a comfortable standing position by himself, something seemed to click for him and he started taking steps.  It started as one or two steps and has now progressed to more than 5.  I was also very hesitant to make a proclamation that "mason is walking" because I didn't want to (a) jinx it or (b) be premature in my excitement.  But, now that he is consistently taking multiple steps and standing from the floor, I feel comfortable in shouting from the rooftops .... MASON IS WALKING!!   I think we still have a long way to go until he is really walking long distances without assist since his delivery is not quite, shall we say, conventional.  But, I refuse to get ahead of myself.  I will let myself enjoy this phase.  And worry about his technique another day.   Below is a quick video of Mason taking a few steps!

No comments: