Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Owen!!

4 years ago ... I was a new mom.  4 years ago ... I was trying to figure out this whole baby thing.  4 years ago... I had no idea or rather I was probably just starting to get the idea.  I had no idea how much my first born would fill my heart with happiness, excitement, fear and love. Oh, love.  How can I possibly love someone this much?  And fear?  There is always fear in loving someone this much.  I remember a quote that I saw somewhere that having a child feeling like your heart is walking around outside of your body (I may have butchered the quote, but you get my point).  When your heart is walking around outside of your body, how can you protect it from being hurt or scared?  You can't always, but it is worth the risk.  Because what I get back in return from my two little monkeys is worth it all.

First a couple of retrospective pics from Owen's first "birth"day...


 And then on his one-year old birthday ....


And now my little man is 4 years old!!  Here is a picture at his school party and then at his superhero birthday party this past weekend.


Happy birthday, Owen!!

No comments: