Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July (and a little reminiscing)

When I hear the words "4th of July," I think fireworks, barbeque's, and warm summer fun.   I just love that on this day, it's not "cheezy" to wear red white and blue.  In fact, you see it everywhere you go on the 4th.  It's a day to celebrate freedom, independence and all of the great opportunities we have just being being born an American.   Back in 2008 when Mason was just a few weeks old I remember taking one of my favorite pictures of Owen and Mason.  My three year ago self would look at that picture and how SMALL Mason was and dream of the day that these two boys would be able to play together.  The next year, in 2009, I took a picture in the same chair to see how much they have grown.  So of course I had to do the same this 2010.  I am amazed at the growth of these boys.  And you know what?  I think this is the last year I'm going to fit both of them in this same chair!!!  


Happy 4th of July!! 

No comments: