Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A visit with Santa!

The mall at Christmas time, not just Christmas time .. but Thanksgiving weekend.  Seriously NOT the place I like to be.  The crowds.  The sales.  The pushy sales people.  I don't like it.  BUT, I've found that it is the absolute best time to tackle the annual "picture with Santa."  People are in shopping mode, but not necessarily in Santa mode.  Which means NO LINE!!  Plus, we go early in the morning right when it opens so that helps, too.  

I wasn't sure what Mason was going to do this year with Santa.  We had been talking about Santa to which he pointed at his picture and repeated the name (but refused to say HO HO HO).  But, he's been going through this separation anxiety thing lately and I thought for sure this year's picture would include my big old mug in the photo.  But, Mason was a pro.  He waved from afar and then we placed Owen on Santa's lap first.  I firmly believe that Mason would walk into fire to follow his big brother.  So Mason had absolutely no problem sitting on the knee opposite Owen.   It's never tough to get two kids to pose when all of the pressure is on.  I can't remember exactly what was said during the winning pose, but Mason was tickled.  And Owen was beaming.   I'll take it! 


Oh, and what they asked for?  I never know what's going to come out of Owen's mouth when put on the spot.  But, apparently, Owen wants Iron Man dress up clothes and, per Owen, Mason wants Yo Gabba Gabba toys.   Santa better get cracking! 

No comments: