Friday, November 19, 2010

Our trip to JMU!

Over the past few years, we've tried to make an annual trip to Harrisonburg, VA to visit JMU (where I went to college) and take in a football game.   We go to [almost] all of the Maryland football games (where Brian went to college) so it's only fair that we give some love to my Alma Mater.   As an added bonus, my little brother, Kyle, is now a freshman at JMU so there's an added bonus of getting to spend time with him!  

This year, the football game was at 1:30 pm so by the time we got down there, parking was on short order.  We decided to park and stay on campus and eat lunch with Kyle at the dining hall (D-Hall).  I had not been in D-Hall since well before I graduated in (cough) 1997.   It was so nostalgic and crazy for me to be back there after all those years, with my little brother (who was 1 when I started there as a freshmen those so many years ago) and now with  my husband and kids.   Where does the time go?   






Then it was off to the football game .... after a quick stop at Kyle's dorm room so the boys could get in their gear and ready to root for the Dukes! 
It was a great day for a football game ... weather was in the 60's and sunny.  The stands were packed.  And the Dukes won! 




Owen and I ran into the Duke Dog on a potty run.  We tried to find him again later in the game and after the game, but the Duke Dog eluded us.  Next time, I'll get a pic with Mason and Uncle Kyle, too.  


We had a great time at JMU.  And can't wait til next year when we get to go back again!

Go Dukes! 

No comments: