Monday, August 20, 2012

Amelia Bee is One! (Bumble Bee Birthday Party)

I don't know where the last year has gone.  Somehow over that time, our baby girl has grown from newborn to practically a toddler.  You forgot how much babies change in that first year. It is remarkable.  I really wanted to make Amelia's first birthday special.   This is my last first birthday (I get a little misty eyed thinking bout it).  We decided on a bumble bee theme since we call her "Amelia Bee."

 Invite by Lil Duck Duck.


Pillowcase dress by Frida's Closet
Bumble bee headband by SadieBloomDesigns

I really enjoyed putting together all of the decorations and coordinating Amelia's outfit, the cake and decor.  I might have enjoyed it too much!



Printables by Stephanie DeTore

I was really happy with how the cake turned out ... matched the theme perfectly and was delicious!
 






Cake by Esquire Confections


The fun of being one is that you get your own little smash cake to do what you wish.  And Amelia quite liked her cake... as you can see!


There wasn't much left when she was done... but Amelia was a happy little bee!


The party was a great success and we really enjoyed spending time with all of our friends and family to celebrate Amelia's first birthday!   I can't believe our baby girl is ONE!


Happy birthday, baby girl!  

3 comments:

Marisa said...

How adorable! I'm so glad Sadie Bloom Designs' Bumble Bee Headband could be a part of such a momentous - did I mention adorable? - day! Looks like she had a great time. :-)

Buffy Goosev, AKA: Momma Goose said...

So, super cute...your daughter AND the birthday party! :) I did a bumble bee 1st birthday party for my busy-bee baby girl, too! :) That's how I found your blog...looking for thank you card ideas. Check out my pictures on my blog, mommagooseandgaggle.blogspot.com

Always - Buffy Goosev
AKA: Momma Goose

zerry ht said...

Oh my god! The colors are perfect. It is my daughter’s first birthday next year and I have been going through such posts for getting some good ideas for her birthday celebration. I guess, it is one of the best these I have ever come across and this color will make the event space San Francisco look even prettier.