Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. I remember when I was a child on Mother's day or Father's day, I would always ask my parents... "When is Kid's Day?"  (I think I just wanted another excuse to get presents!) And they would answer... "Every day is Kid's Day."  And I just didn't get it.  But now I do.  Even Mother's Day is "Kid's Day."  Because being a mom is all about the kids.  But the thing is ... as a Mom... I wouldn't have it any other way.   Everything I do is for my family.  To keep them warm, safe and happy.  And what do you get in return?  You get this ...


Seeing your kids happy and enjoying life... that is the best gift in the world.   I have one special person to thank for showing me what being a mom is all about.  My mom... THE best mom in the world.  Whose selflessness and generosity never ceases to amaze me.  


As time goes by, and my kids grow up, I will look back on these days and I will smile.   Because life is good. 


Happy Mother's Day!! 

No comments: